Random acts of kindness to do today:
Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day! While you’re out and about today look for ways to brighten someone’s day. It’s a fact that doing random acts of kindness provides at least as much benefit to the giver as to the receiver. So (at least) two people get to feel good in the wake of a random act of kindness. There are often bystanders and observers who also get a boost in the presence of an act of kindness. Your children, when they witness you performing a random act of kindness, will be more likely to follow your example and carry out their own little acts of service.
Here are some ideas for small acts of kindness to try today. Most of them won’t even cost you anything.
- When you’re out today, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
- Compliment someone to their boss.
- Leave a nice server or service person the biggest tip you can afford.
- Make two lunches today and give one to a homeless person.
- If you walk by a car with an expired meter, put a quarter in it.
- Smile at someone on the street.
- Leave your newspaper or magazine behind for someone else to read.
- Leave a compliment on a sticky note.
- Bring in some fun office supplies to work.
- Pick up some litter.
- Send anonymous flowers to someone.
- Buy an extra bag of dog or cat food and donate it to an animal shelter.
This is only the beginning! I’m sure you can think of many other ways to brighten someone’s day. And hopefully, you’ll be touched by someone else’s random act of kindness as goodness and generosity spread across the country.
Use American City Express airport car service Newark, and give yourself more time in your day to do those random acts of kindness.