With the advent of ride haring services like Uber and Lyft it might seem that hiring a corporate car service is out of vogue, but many HR departments support staff to play it safe and choose reliable transportation from established corporate travel partners that can offer proof of properly vetting their drivers for capabilities and backgrounds and guarantee the quality and safety of their vehicles.
It is important to be aware that companies like Uber & Lyft are not providing the transportation. These companies are only providing an APP (software application) that allows you to coordinate your needs and get a ride from a third party that makes themselves available via the same App.
So how do you know you’re hiring a safe ride? You don’t.
Uber’s own website states “Signing Up is Easy” for drivers. The primary qualifications for becoming an Uber driver include:
Age and Experience requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- 3 years of driving experience
- have current car insurance for the state you want to drive in (in your name)
- in-state car registration (this does not need to be in your name)
- social security number
The background check looks for:
- A clean driving record
- No DUI or drug-related offenses.
- No incidents of driving without insurance or license.
- No history of reckless driving.
- No criminal history.
Your vehicle must meet the following requirements:
- 4-door sedan, must seat 4 or more passengers excluding driver.
- Year 2001* or newer.
- In-state plates.
- No marked, taxi, or salvaged vehicles.
- Pass Uber vehicle inspection.
- The car must be currently registered, but your name does not have to be on the registration.
- *Uber car year requirements can vary by city. It is currently year 2001 or newer in many cities.
These requirements leave a lot of room for risk compared to hiring a professional corporate car service.
When you choose a professional car service you can rest assured that your driver will be a uniformed professional with the proper licensing and experience to insure your safety and comfort.
Our vehicles are guaranteed to be pristine, late model luxury vehicles that have been custom designed for comfort and safety.