Travel tips for a stress-free trip:
When you travel, there are so many bits and pieces to remember, that it is inevitable that something will be forgotten in the last minute rush to finish packing and get to the airport on time. Here are some simple things you can do before you take off to make your trip a little easier and more enjoyable.
- Check the weather forecast for the area you are going to. And even if you are going to a hot and sunny location, remember that if you will be spending some or all of your time in air-conditioned buildings, bring some long sleeves and sweaters with you.
- Bring some smaller bills for tipping. At the beginning of your trip, you often have just larger bills, and don’t have any money for tipping drivers or bellhops, so make sure you have some $1 and $5 bills in your wallet before you leave.
- If you regularly take off on a trip without one or more of your chargers, you are not alone. This is probably one of the most forgotten items among travelers. Since this often happens to hotel guests who leave their chargers in their hotel room when they head home, hotels usually have a box of all kinds of chargers at the lobby desk for the forgetful to borrow.
- Pack non-electronic reading material for the flight.
- Bring ear plugs or noise-cancelling headphones on the plane. You would be surprised how much the noise on a plane contributes to your feeling exhausted by the end of the flight.
- Keep a toothbrush pre-packed in each piece of luggage you have. This is a tip from a friend of mine who forgets to pack her toothbrush on a regular basis. Now she’s never without one.
- I know you’ve heard this one before, but it really is a valuable tip – roll, don’t fold your clothes when you pack.
- Use American City Express for your airport transportation. You’ll save time and arrive relaxed.